Experiences In The D | The Blog for Visit Detroit
The Visit Detroit Blog is part of The Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau (DMCVB).
21 Gifts for Detroit Enthusiasts
Stumped on what to buy your friends and family members this holiday season? Fear not. We’ve created a distinctly Detroit list, packed with items that are sure to please everyone from foodies to fashionistas.
- A bottle of Our/Detroit vodka. Pick up a bottle at the distillery on Bagley Street in Mexicantown.
- Germack coffee or nuts. Consider combining Germack products with other Michigan-made items for a custom gift basket. Call the retail store at 313-566-0062 and ask for the gift department if you need ideas.
- Coasters from Pure Detroit. Choose from tiles or four-packs with cork backing. These make great hostess gifts for your holiday parties.
- An American Coney Island kit. Each kit contains 12 Dearborn Sausage hot dogs; buns; a sweet onion; the restaurant’s famous, family-owned Detroit chili sauce; instructions and a hat. Order online and they’ll ship it anywhere in the country.
- Go Lions! snack mug from Viviano Flower Shop. Perfect for any Motor City football fan. Available for local delivery or pickup.
- A gift from Pewabic Pottery. Handcrafted for the holidays, their ceramic wares make excellent gifts for the special individuals in your life.
- Glass Academy ornament. Check out their Holiday Show and Sale event Dec. 3 and 4 for favorites, including signature glass ornaments, candy canes, snowmen, Christmas trees and decorative bowls.
Glass ornament from the Glass Academy
- RUNdetroit T-shirt. Who doesn’t love T-shirts? The shop also offers a wide variety of running shoes, apparel and accessories.
- A handcrafted watch from Shinola. Shinola believes that products should be built to last — and they should be built right here in America.
- Detroit map tote bag from City Bird. This tote features an amazingly detailed map of Detroit, including Hamtramck and Highland Park. Pick up one at the brick-and-mortar location in Midtown or order from the Etsy shop.
Detroit Roots poster from Down With Detroit
- Down with Detroit poster. These posters are the perfect addition to a man cave or any other Michigan-themed space.
- Gift certificate to Enjoy The D! tours. Recipients can select from a number of upcoming tours or create a customized one of their choosing.
- Detroit Tigers hat. Choose from dozens of styles at Lids, which has locations inside several area malls, including Great Lakes Crossing Outlets, Fairlane Town Center and Lakeside Mall.
- Morley Candy and Sanders products. Pick up some sweet treats to use as stocking stuffers. Order online or visit one of the seven local shops to purchase.
- Walnut Raisin Hobo Bread from The Henry Ford. Organic Michigan flour, raisins, eggs, butter, brown sugar, some walnuts and a dash of baking soda. The result is bread that makes a great holiday gift.
- Holiday Nights lantern from Greenfield Village. Give a stainless steel version of the classic lanterns carried around during Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village.
- The Historic Detroit 2017 Wall Calendar. Share life during the turn of the century, with 12 black-and-white photos from the past, along with expanded information about each image. Pick it up at the Detroit Institute of Arts Museum Shop.
- Gift card to a local restaurant. Here’s a list of our favorites. Good luck choosing just one.
- Spa package at the MGM Grand Detroit. After all the holiday hustle and bustle, who couldn’t use a little pampering?
- Have a trendsetter on your shopping list? A Detroit Is The New Black T-shirt is the perfect gift for any fashionista.
- Give your favorite Detroiter a bag worth talking about. The "Detroit is My Home" patchwork tote from Will Leather Goods is not only practical, but is also a conversation piece that will have any native describing each patch with pride.
For more gift ideas for lovers of The D, follow our Detroit Gift Guide on Pinterest.
By: Lori Bremerkamp
Photo Credit: The Glass Academy (ornament), City Bird (tote bag)