Experiences In The D | The Blog for Visit Detroit
The Visit Detroit Blog is part of The Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau (DMCVB).
Detroit Restaurant Week's Fall Lineup
The best way to a city’s heart is through your stomach, right? Twice a year, Detroit Restaurant Week rolls around for 10 days of pre-fixed meals at remarkable prices. This is the opportunity to try out some of the best restaurants in downtown Detroit.
This fall, Sept. 19-28, will mark five years since the very first Detroit Restaurant Week. Now a national dining event, restaurant week was created to encourage those to dine at local restaurants in areas they may not normally venture to. Every spring and fall, between 20 and 25 restaurants create menus of three-course meals for $30 a person. DRW is also the perfect time for restaurants to test out new menu items to see how they perform before making them permanent options on their regular menus, so make sure you share your feedback with each location you visit.
“We try to make this like a holiday for people,” said Dana Boyette at Paxahau Promotions Group. “They look forward to it every season.”
This is not just a promotion to get you in the door; it’s a celebration of food. From happy hours to wine schools to other surprises, there are many mini events taking place during each 10-day week. Stay tuned to detroitrestaurantweek.com and DRW’s Facebook and Twitter pages for more announcements.
We are happy to announce the fall lineup for this month:
• 24Grille - Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
• Andiamo Detroit Riverfront - GM Renaissance Center
• Angelina Italian Bistro - Downtown
• Cliff Bell’s - Downtown
• Coach Insignia - GM Renaissance Center
• Craft Work - West Village
• Cuisine - New Center
• Da Edoardo Foxtown Grille - Fox Theatre Building
• Detroit Seafood Market - Paradise Valley
• Fountain Bistro - Campus Martius Park
• The Grille Midtown - Midtown
• La Dolce Vita - Palmer Park District
• Ottava Via - Corktown
• PRISM (formerly Brizola) - Greektown Casino Hotel
• Rattlesnake Club - Stroh River Place
• Roast - Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
• Roma Cafe - Eastern Market
• Santorini Estiatorio - Greektown
• Top of the Pontch - Downtown
• The Whitney - Midtown
• Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina - MGM Grand Detroit
Which restaurants are you going to be trying out?
By: Betsy J. Murdoch