Experiences In The D | The Blog for Visit Detroit
The Visit Detroit Blog is part of The Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau (DMCVB).
Get in on the Detroit for Youmacon Photo Contest
In honor of Youmacon, Visit Detroit is holding the Visit Detroit for Youmacon photo contest with a set of Detroit prizes we know you’ll want to claim. Here’s how it works:
How to Win
Starting Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015, follow this checklist of photo destinations. Snap a pic of you in character in front of these spots, and use #Youmacon2015 and #VisitDetroit to post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
1. General Motors Renaissance Center (bonus points if you get the Marriott logo!)
2. Spirit of Detroit statue
3. Transcending or the Gateway to Freedom statue at Hart Plaza
4. Joe Louis Fist on Jefferson Avenue or Joe Louis statue at Cobo Center
Your photo may win you any of the following prizes:
• Hand-blown Detroit glass art from The Glass Academy
• Designer pen and notebook from PenzDetroiT
• Detroit mug and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company coffee
• Prints of your photos that include #Youmacon2015 from Printtid
If you snap photos at all four destinations, you could win our grand prize:
• A weekend (two-night) stay and breakfast for two at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center (blackout dates apply).
Photos will be judged based on your creativity and love for Detroit. Winners will be announced Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015.
Want to explore more of the city? Youmacon attendees can use the promo code YOUMACON to get $20 off their first ride with Uber.
Photo Credit: Youmacon