Experiences In The D | The Blog for Visit Detroit
The Visit Detroit Blog is part of The Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau (DMCVB).
15 Benefits and Perks to Help Your Membership Soar
Like most things in life, the more you put into your Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau membership, the more you'll get out of it. In other words, you gotta work it! The DMCVB's online Partner Portal is the best way to maximize your membership benefits. (Notice it's called "partner" portal, because we are all partners in marketing Detroit as a travel and meeting destination.) Only DMCVB members can access this website.
"Through the Partner Portal, I discover pre-qualified leads, develop new tourism partnerships, and even follow the next D-Rover appearance," says Shari Faulhaber, regional sales manager for Golden Limousine International. "The bureau services team takes care of your login credentials, coordinates first-class training sessions and provides technical and one-on-one support with the ease of an email or return phone call."
Here are some important reasons to attend Partner Portal training on Feb. 28, register now!
- The first reason is the most important of all: You'll learn the ins and outs of the valuable tools available to you—maybe even some things that your competition doesn't know.
- Leads, leads, leads! The training teaches you how to review and respond to DMCVB leads. "Responding to leads is vital. It's a great way to get new business," said Leanna Sullivan of membership services.
- Learn how to download the conventions and reunions calendars. All membership levels have access to the full reunions calendar, which includes future social and military reunion dates with meeting planner contact info. The convention calendar is an additional $200 annually. The list also includes tradeshows, meetings and sporting events. "It's a wonderful, proactive marketing tool," said Leanna. "It also helps with scheduling, giving you a heads up on when to expect heavy traffic times."
- Review your profile to see how the bureau is representing you. Submit edits or a new image for your online profile. Confirm your business categories (up to three) and the description used on the website and in Visit Detroit magazine. Plus, share your company's social media links.
- Upload your deals and events for public view on visitdetroit.com, the DMCVB's high traffic website.
- Review and register for bureau events such as hospitality ambassador training, networking mixers, and educational seminars.
- The Partner Portal is a great place to stay informed on industry news. See announcements that the DMCVB or other members want to share as well as read the current month's partnering newsletter and the digital version of Visit Detroit magazine.
- Take advantage of member-to-member discounts.
- Access other resources like the digital version of the Eat, Shop, Stay & Play in The D map.
- Learn how to request the D-Rover mobile visitor center for your event. This multipurpose van offers tips on what to see and do in metro Detroit.
- Save a stamp and renew your membership securely online — the portal's newest feature.
- At the training, you'll review everything that's included in your membership to be sure you're not missing out on something really helpful.
- The training is a legit reason to spend a morning downtown if you haven't been here lately and get a firsthand look at all of the recent progress.
- Put a face with the names of some of the people you work with at the DMCVB. We're here to help! The training session is also an opportunity to network with other members.
- Last but not least, Partner Portal training is FREE with membership. We'll even throw in lunch. It's time well spent!
By: Michelle Fusco